Monday, October 26, 2015

Zentangle

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I posted.  I have been doing my 10 hours per week although I haven't been posting.  I did some gelli plate printing, which is always loads of fun, using the Joan Bess book Gelli plate printing: mixed media mono printing without a press, which is a great resource for techniques using your Gelli plate.

Then I had to go to St. Charles, IL to the Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services conference at the Pheasant Run Resort.  Although I took my watercolors, I didn't paint.  On the plane over and back, and while I was resting at night, I worked from one of my all-time favorite books, One Zentangle a Day: A 6-week course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun by Beckah Krahula.  I have owned and worked from this book on and off for years and I do find it fun and time really passes quickly when I am zentangling! What I really need now for Zentangling is to have a cheat sheet with all the tangles on it, I'm sure there is one and I'm going to find it (or make one).

Unfortunately, a wonderful lady who volunteered for many years at the library is in hospice.  I decided to do a card for her using Zentangle and watercolor so that is my pic for this post.  I hope it gets to her before she leaves us.  I just mixed some watercolors on the 140lb paper block, then after they dried I drew the bird and trees and did the tangles.

I used the picture from the November/December 2015 issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. The  article is "make merry: creating with paper clay" by rogene manas although I didn't use paper clay, sorry rogene!  I do intend to try paper clay sometime though, I will post how it goes when I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment