Sunday, September 20, 2015

3 hours today - Art Journal Courage

Once again I was able to spend the day playing in my studio!  Today I worked with Dina Wakley's Art Journal Courage book.  I did two pages, one in my mixed media 9x12 spiral bound journal and one in the journal I made at the Roadhouse Arts "Art Prints and Journals with Gelli plates" workshop with Carrie Avery which was fantastic!

 I'm calling this one "Will you still love me tomorrow" because I wrote lyrics from Carol King's song on the leaves.  I've decided to write about the music I'm listening to while I create.
This ballerina was copied from one of Terry Madden's sketches in his Watercolor Workshop book.  I didn't trace like Dina suggested but went ahead and tried to draw it.  I like the technique and it was fun doing these!  This one is called "The Impossible Dream" because it has lyrics from that song on the page.  When I was in 5th grade our class sang this song as part of the annual class performance.  I attended school at that time at Howard AFB in the Panama Canal Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment